Will it or could it work?
6 Cheap Date Ideas for New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve (only four days away!) is considered by many to be the biggest night of the year to party. But if pricey cocktails and way up-there cover charges don’t tickle your fancy, we’ve cooked up six cheap date ideas perfect for frugally festive fun.
1. Invite a few friends over for a potluck. Your delicious smorgasbord will be way more wallet-friendly than dinner at a fancy pants restaurant. Plus, you’ll have plenty to snack on while waiting for the ball to drop.
2. Order delivery and watch your favorite movies on DVD. If you and your beau are hoping for a more intimate way to ring in the New Year, call up your favorite delivery spot. Remember to place your order super early (at least an hour before you’d like to eat), delivery times on big holidays can be pretty intense.
3. Have dinner at a diner or burger joint. If you’d really like to go out on Friday but don’t want to drop a ton of dough, head to a hole-in-the-wall spot you love. Your dinner bill will probably cost less than cover charge at a fancy club. And since most party-minded folks will go to dressy and expensive restaurants that require reservations, your no-frills dive shouldn’t be too crowded. If you’re feeling really festive you and your fellow could splurge and order a milkshake. With two straws.
4. Prepare a few fancy appetizers and drinks and have a romantic night in. Get in touch with your Iron Chef fantasies by whipping up your favorite culinary goodies.
5. Get your game on. Play one of your favorite board games together while sipping champagne. Slightly saucy Scrabble, anyone?
6. Have sex. Ditch the party hats, streamers and noise makers and have a celebration for two in bed.
Are you a fan of New Year’s Eve? Do you have big plans for this Friday? Or are you doing something mellow?
– article via Glamour Magazine
Hughes it or Lose it?
Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/HUGHESORLOSE