6 Cheap Date Ideas for New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve (only four days away!) is considered by many to be the biggest night of the year to party. But if pricey cocktails and way up-there cover charges don’t tickle your fancy, we’ve cooked up six cheap date ideas perfect for frugally festive fun.
1. Invite a few friends over for a potluck. Your delicious smorgasbord will be way more wallet-friendly than dinner at a fancy pants restaurant. Plus, you’ll have plenty to snack on while waiting for the ball to drop.
2. Order delivery and watch your favorite movies on DVD. If you and your beau are hoping for a more intimate way to ring in the New Year, call up your favorite delivery spot. Remember to place your order super early (at least an hour before you’d like to eat), delivery times on big holidays can be pretty intense.
3. Have dinner at a diner or burger joint. If you’d really like to go out on Friday but don’t want to drop a ton of dough, head to a hole-in-the-wall spot you love. Your dinner bill will probably cost less than cover charge at a fancy club. And since most party-minded folks will go to dressy and expensive restaurants that require reservations, your no-frills dive shouldn’t be too crowded. If you’re feeling really festive you and your fellow could splurge and order a milkshake. With two straws.
4. Prepare a few fancy appetizers and drinks and have a romantic night in. Get in touch with your Iron Chef fantasies by whipping up your favorite culinary goodies.
5. Get your game on. Play one of your favorite board games together while sipping champagne. Slightly saucy Scrabble, anyone?
6. Have sex. Ditch the party hats, streamers and noise makers and have a celebration for two in bed.
Are you a fan of New Year’s Eve? Do you have big plans for this Friday? Or are you doing something mellow?
– article via Glamour Magazine
Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/HUGHESORLOSE
Starbucks sells 4 million coffee drinks daily in the USA and to some people it is more than once. There are over 300 million people on the planet so this means some of you are choosing to go to your local coffee house instead, brew your coffee at home, or maybe you don’t even do coffee at all. Either way, it can be a quite a lot of money even if you drink one cup of starbucks a day which many people do. The prices are: The tall (small) is $1.75; The medium (grande) is $1.96; and the large (venti) is $2.07. Most people do not buy a small coffee, so if you do the math you are spending at least $60.00 a month on Starbucks. Here is the kicker. Many people go to Starbucks more than once a day. I can understand wanting afternoon coffee. But there are some people that go three and four times a day! If this is you, then you’ve got a brain of coffee beans and your blood is caffeine. You love it or maybe you are addicted. A great alternative is Yerba Mate Tea. Try it if you wanna get unhooked from caffeine. It will leave you feeling cleaner. It’s another Hughes it or Lose it? With TV TALENT FrazierHughes.com (for hire) like on Facebook at frazierhughes.com and follow on Twitter @hughesorlose. All rights resevered TM *
- Addicted to Coffee or Cigarettes? (ivanildotrindade.com)
- Starbucking 101. (earthdayismybirthday.wordpress.com)
- Caffeinated Body Wash: For When Waking Up Is Impossible (bellasugar.com)
Pour some Tide on me. Okay, you’ve moved out of the house and your Mother still does your laundry. Maybe you still live in the house. Either way, how old is too old for your Mom to do you laundry? What if she really enjoys doing it? What if you don’t have a washer machine? Isn’t this what moms are for? It’s another Hughes it or Lose it?
With TV TALENT FrazierHughes.com (for hire) like on Facebook at frazierhughes.com and follow on Twitter @hughesorlose and listen to the radio show on http://foxradioroanoke.com
- My Tween Does Laundry. Yours Can, Too (wired.com)
- On Bread, Laundry, and Morning Routines (wordshavecolor.com)
- Mothers Day Quotes And A Message From Hugh Jackman (juststopscreaming.com)
- Guess the Laundry Symbol (fabsugar.com)