Your friends warn you that your new relationship might be a rebound, as your date’s last relationship didn’t end all that long ago. Here are a few things to look for if you suspect you might be a rebound.
Everyone has baggage. But if your date is known to mutter, “All girls are gold diggers,” or “Most guys are dogs,” he/she still has some broken-heart healing to do before embarking on a new relationship adventure. Even if the bitterness seems directly aimed at the ex and not at the ex’s gender in general, there’s still a negative energy there that will only stall a new romance before it takes off.
If you get the sense that your date is just happy to be dating someone — anyone, really — and not you in particular, don’t ignore that red flag. Even without ill intentions, your date could be using you to help soothe the sting of a breakup rather than taking the time to really get to know you and fall for you for the right reasons. These relationships are often lonely and ultimately doomed.
The “Ex” Talk
He talks about his ex all the time. He mentions that you look like her, or that your mannerisms or interests remind him of her. He takes you places his once took his ex — and tells you so. If he’s still preoccupied with someone else, he’s not ready to fully move on.
The “Ex” Remains
Even though the breakup was clearly recent, she says she’s still friends with her ex. Sure enough, Facebook confirms they’re still in contact — or worse, still “in a relationship.” Picture frames at her place have yet to be emptied of “happier times” memories. She still wears his sweater and doesn’t seem to acknowledge that it’s date-inappropriate. If the recent ex is still an active part of your date’s daily life, you’re likely a rebound.
Physical, Not Emotional
If you’re feeling like there’s too much emphasis on your physical relationship, there probably is. A tell-tale sign of a rebound relationship is one that’s very physical, with little emotional substance. If your new love interest consistently steers conversations away from vulnerability or puts up a wall every time you try to dig deeper emotionally, he/she isn’t ready for anything serious.
If his friends (or yours) are raising their eyebrows at the speed with which he started dating again post-breakup, the new relationship might be poorly timed. Sometimes it’s wise to trust the red flags coming from others.
If your date can’t make a single relationship decision — or even a commitment for next Friday night — he/she is likely still adjusting to a life of singleness. She might not be used to operating independently. He might be “keeping his options open” because he felt he “settled” last time. A rebound relationship is often an undefined one, with little security or commitment offered from the recently single one.
Courtesy of Eharmony
6 Cheap Date Ideas for New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve (only four days away!) is considered by many to be the biggest night of the year to party. But if pricey cocktails and way up-there cover charges don’t tickle your fancy, we’ve cooked up six cheap date ideas perfect for frugally festive fun.
1. Invite a few friends over for a potluck. Your delicious smorgasbord will be way more wallet-friendly than dinner at a fancy pants restaurant. Plus, you’ll have plenty to snack on while waiting for the ball to drop.
2. Order delivery and watch your favorite movies on DVD. If you and your beau are hoping for a more intimate way to ring in the New Year, call up your favorite delivery spot. Remember to place your order super early (at least an hour before you’d like to eat), delivery times on big holidays can be pretty intense.
3. Have dinner at a diner or burger joint. If you’d really like to go out on Friday but don’t want to drop a ton of dough, head to a hole-in-the-wall spot you love. Your dinner bill will probably cost less than cover charge at a fancy club. And since most party-minded folks will go to dressy and expensive restaurants that require reservations, your no-frills dive shouldn’t be too crowded. If you’re feeling really festive you and your fellow could splurge and order a milkshake. With two straws.
4. Prepare a few fancy appetizers and drinks and have a romantic night in. Get in touch with your Iron Chef fantasies by whipping up your favorite culinary goodies.
5. Get your game on. Play one of your favorite board games together while sipping champagne. Slightly saucy Scrabble, anyone?
6. Have sex. Ditch the party hats, streamers and noise makers and have a celebration for two in bed.
Are you a fan of New Year’s Eve? Do you have big plans for this Friday? Or are you doing something mellow?
– article via Glamour Magazine
Before you know it you’ll be asking, “How did it get so late so soon?” So take time to figure yourself out. Take time to realize what you want and need. Take time to take risks. Take time to love, laugh, cry, learn, and forgive. Life is shorter than it often seems.
Here are ten things you need to know, before it’s too late:
- This moment is your life. – Your life is not between the moments of your birth and death. Your life is between now and your next breath. The present – the here and now – is all the life you ever get. So live each moment in full, in kindness and peace, without fear and regret. And do the best you can with what you have in this moment; because that is all you can ever expect of anyone, including yourself. Read The Power of Now.
- A lifetime isn’t very long. – This is your life, and you’ve got to fight for it. Fight for what’s right. Fight for what you believe in. Fight for what’s important to you. Fight for the people you love, and never forget to tell them how much they mean to you. Realize that right now you’re lucky because you still have a chance. So stop for a moment and think. Whatever you still need to do, start doing it today. There are only so many tomorrows.
- The sacrifices you make today will pay dividends in the future. – When it comes to working hard to achieve a dream – earning a degree, building a business, or any other personal achievement that takes time and commitment – one thing you have to ask yourself is: “Am I willing to live a few years of my life like many people won’t, so I can spend the rest of my life like many people can’t?”
- When you procrastinate, you become a slave to yesterday. – But when you are proactive, it’s as if yesterday is a kind friend that helps take a load off your back. So do something right now that your future self will thank you for. Trust me, tomorrow you’ll be happy you started today. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Failures are only lessons. – Good things come to those who still hope even though they’ve been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they’ve tasted failure, to those who still love even though they’ve been hurt. So never regret anything that has happened in your life; it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten. Take it all as lessons learned and move on with grace.
- You are your most important relationship. – Happiness is when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else’s approval. You must first have a healthy relationship with yourself before you can have a healthy relationship with others. You have to feel worthwhile and acceptable in your own eyes, so that you’ll be able to look confidently into the eyes of the people around you and connect with them.
- A person’s actions speak the truth. – You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times; but in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. So pay attention to what people do. Their actions will tell you everything you need to know.
- Small acts of kindness can make the world a better place. – Smile at people who look like they are having a rough day. Be kind to them. Kindness is the only investment that never fails. And wherever there is a human being, there’s an opportunity for kindness. Learn to give, even if it’s just a smile, not because you have too much, but because you understand there are so many others who feel like they have nothing at all. Read Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
- Behind every beautiful life, there has been some kind of pain.– You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You’re human, not perfect. You’ve been hurt, but you’re alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend.
- Time and experience heals pain. – Several years ago when I askedmy grandmother about overcoming pain, this is how she explained it to me: Look at the circles below. The black circles represent our relative life experiences. Mine is larger because I am older and have experienced more in my lifetime. The smaller red circles represent a negative event in our lives. Assume we both experienced the same exact event, whatever the nature. Notice that the negative event circles are the same size for each of us; but also notice what percentage of the area they occupy in each of the black circles. Your negative event seems much larger to you because it is a greater percentage of your total life experiences. I am not diminishing the importance of this event; I simply have a different perspective on it. What you need to understand is that an overwhelmingly painful event in your life right now will one day be part of your much larger past and not nearly as significant as it seems.
- 15 Things to Start Practicing Today to Be Happy. (irenealia.wordpress.com)
Top 10 Ways For People To Break Up
There are a lot of things that you can tell to your partner in order to break up an existing relationship, but have in mind that there are only few of them that you will be able to use and be sure that you will not heart the feelings of your ex-partner. Remember that you got to have some respect for the person you used to date, because otherwise you can cause him or her lots of hard feelings. Furthermore, there are some simple ways that you can make your partner to break up with you, which will help you to save a lot of sadness for your partner.
The top 10 ways that people use to break up:
1. One of the more popular ways to make your partner break up with you is to be annoying. There are a lot of ways that you will be able to do that, like for example forget her birthday and all the holidays that you have. Furthermore, you can learn some dumb catchphrases that you will have to repeat all the time. It is good idea to watch some old movies to find some that you can use. Eventually, your partner will break up with you, because he or she will not be able to stand you anymore.
2. Simply talk to her and explain why you will have to break up. Probably that is the best way to break up, because you will be honest and you will not use some of the modern technologies, like for example your mobile phone or your computer. Remember that if you use an e-mail or SMS to break up with your partner you will look as a coward.
3. Another possible solution is to move. However have in mind that this is not one of the bravest things that you can do, but it will have effect for sure. To make that happen you ill simply have to pack all your stuff and leave.
4. In most of the dating websites, sending dead flowers to your partner is a possible way to break up. However, remember that if you use that way for breaking up you will make your ex-partner feel really bad and you will never be able to look at him or her again.
5. Use one of the most common phrases for breaking up and that is “I love you, but only as a friend”. IF you tell that phrase to your partner, he or she will immediately see what you are trying to say. Although that you can hardly stay a friend with your ex-partner, that is one of the most common phrases for breaking up and you can use it, if you do not know what else you can do.
6. Make audio tape or CD for your partner. That is a romantic way to break up and you will leave better impression to your ex-partner. There are a lot of songs that you can include and all of them will say that you want to break up with him or her. However, there is a serious chance that your partner will not get the message.
7. Start dating her or his friend. That is probably the most effective way to break up, but have in mind that you will make the relationship between your partner and his or her friend really bad. On the other hand you will not have to think of some reasons, why you want to break up with her.
8. Call and tell her how you feel. That is very suitable for all the people, who simply do not have the courage to break up face-to-face. Remember that you will have to think of at least one good reason, why you want to break up with your partner, because otherwise you risk becoming the laughing stock of the whole town.
9. Tell someone to tell your partner that you want to break up. However that is probably the most pathetic way to break up with someone and my advice is to use it only if you haven’t been able to succeed using all the other methods for breaking up, but have in mind that even e-mail breaking is better.
10. Draw her comic book, where you will break up with her. Although that it may sound really funny, that is one the best ways to break up with somebody and you will be able to do it in a very good manner. Furthermore, you will not make your ex-partner hate you and you will be able to leave a good impression to him or her.
Follow Frazier now on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/frazierhughescom?feature=mhee
- No Power – Hughes it or Lose it? (frazierhughes.com)
- Speedo unveils ‘From Somewhere’ Unity Dress (the17thman.typepad.com)
- Speedo Goes High Fashion For The Olympics (buzzfeed.com)